As we celebrate the Christmas Octave with family and loved ones, in warm homes and beautiful churches, with glorious singing, prayers and with abundant food, gifts and laughter…. our suffering Catholic brethren endure the same Christmas Octave in a cold, sparse, merciless prison in Communist China. They suffer dearly the loss of being able to be with family or friends, receive meager, poor food, and are forced to live in cold, harsh conditions. They are not allowed access to the Sacraments — not even the consolation of Holy Mass. Among those who suffer in these communist prisons, especially remember and pray for the heroic faithful Catholic convert Jimmy Lai, Hong Kong-based former media tycoon of Apple Daily, and Cardinal Joseph Zen, bishop of Hong Kong and outspoken champion for the Faith in China.
Cardinal Joseph Zen:
- Jimmy Lai’s Godfather Speaks Out: He “chose those handcuffs”—Would you and I have such courage?—Catholic Business Journal
- Day 2: The Trial of Cardinal Zen in Now-Communist Ruled Hong Kong — Catholic Business Journal
- Beloved Cardinal Joseph Zen and others Arrested on Communist Hong Kong Security Law— Catholic Business Journal
- Man of Courage: Media Tycoon Jimmy Lai gets 13 months jail for Tianamen Vigil — Catholic Business Journal
- Jimmy Lai: A Man for All Seasons—Catholic Business Journal
- Jimmy Lai: Meet the Self-Made Billionnaire who is Sacrificing It All for God—Catholic Business Journal