On Friday, November 15, 2019, San Francisco Federal Judge Orrick—who is himself an abortion clinic founder and funder—succeeded in extracting a massive $2.2 million verdict from the jury against David Daleiden and Center for Medical Progress (CMP) for their felony-revealing undercover work exposing that Planned Parenthood routinely sells aborted human body parts and organs as core part of its business operations.
During the 6-week trial in San Francisco, Planned Parenthood did the following:
➡️ Admitted the undercover videos are true
➡️ Admitted their Houston, TX branch wanted to sell fetal livers for $750/liver
➡️ Admitted Planned Parenthood Los Angeles sold fetal specimens on a quid-pro-quo basis, with zero evidence of any cost “reimbursement”
➡️ Admitted Planned Parenthood Federation of America does not consider it a violation to use criminal partial-birth abortions on children in the womb to deliver these newborn babies whole and alive for organ harvesting
According to eye-witnesses, instead of allowing for a common sense, objective jury, Judge Orrick instructed the jury at every turn to disregard their own feelings and instincts about these damning and incriminating facts.
Judge Orrick and Planned Parenthood did the following:
🛑 Blocked the jury from hearing the full recordings of the conversations for which Planned Parenthood was suing David Daleiden and CMP
🛑 Blocked David Daleiden and CMP from asking Planned Parenthood and fetal harvesting witnesses about aborted infants who are born alive and killed outside the womb
🛑 Blocked defendants David Daleiden and CMP from showing the jury the published undercover videos, even as Planned Parenthood accused defendants of intentionally inciting “threats” with them
Judge Orrick, together with Tom Steyer’s wife, founded and funded a Planned Parenthood clinic in San Francisco before Judge Orrick began serving on the federal bench. CMP claims this trial was rigged from the beginning, with Judge Orrick even directing the jury to find David Daleiden and CMP guilty on core claims in Planned Parenthood’s case.
A few more facts
Center for Medical Progress (CMP) attorneys were sharp. They hailed from Freedom of Conscience Defense Fund, the Thomas More Society, and the Dhillon Law Group. As a result of their defense, these attorneys put Planned Parenthood’s leadership under oath and on the record, discrediting their (Planned Parenthood’s) own bogus case and documenting their (Planned Parenthood’s) criminal admissions.
After CMP’s undercover videos were initially released, the following actions occurred:
- Two Congressional investigations confirmed the “systemic violations” at Planned Parenthood
- A southern California prosecutor shut down two of Planned Parenthood’s business partners in a $7.8 million settlement with an admission of guilt,
- The U.S. Department of Justice has an ongoing, active investigation of Planned Parenthood’s baby parts trafficking
- Instead of coming clean and reforming, Planned Parenthood and their allies have tried to bury the evidence with retaliatory lawsuits to attack the First Amendment and silence anyone who challenges them.
Read CMP Daily Summaries on each day of the trial in Planned Parenthood’s retaliatory lawsuit against CMP undercover investigators
- Court rules David Daleiden’s undercover videos caused substantial harm to Planned Parenthood – Catholic Business Journal