This January 2023, on what would have been the 50th “anniversary” of Roe v. Wade—and just seven short months after the June 24, 2022, U.S. Supreme Court decision overturning of the infamous Roe v. Wade ruling of January 22, 1973—there was abundant evidence that there’s no slowing down in our nation’s affirmation of unborn innocent life.
From the biggest and longest-running life-affirming, pro-life March for Life in Washington, D.C. to the Walk For Life West Coast in San Francisco, now in its 19th year, participants were happy, energized, peaceful, prayerful… and blessed with packed to overflowing crowds of participants! The vast majority of these participants — on both coasts — were under 35.
An estimated more than 400,000 participated in D.C. and an estimated more than 30,000 (some say 40,000) participated on the West Coast, in the famous city named after Saint Francis.
Additional State and Local Walks
Nationwide, additional state and regional walks took place last weekend, with others planned for this coming weekend and some later in the year. Here’s a partial list:
More State Walks planned for later this year:
- Richmond, VA — February 1, 2023
- Phoenix, AZ — February 23, 2023
- Sacramento, CA — March 6, 2023
- Springfield, IL — March 21, 2023 — (Chicago March for Life is now Illinois March for Life, click to learn more)
- Hartford, CT — March 22, 2023
- Harrisburg, PA — September 19, 2023
- Columbus, OH — October 6, 2023
Lansing, MI — December 8, 2023
- Full Text (and also video) of Archhbishop Salvatore Cordileone’s inspiring homily at historic, newly commissioned Mass for Life that preceded Walk for Life West Coast in San Francisco – January 21, 2023
- Video—with time markers— of March For Life speakers (all very short and to the point, but inspiring!!) at the rally preceding the march – January 20, 2023
You must be logged in to post a comment.