California’s Governor Gavin Newsom threatened to “fight like hell” to expand baby killing in California and across the nation, and he is making good on his diabolical vow.
In the past week alone, Newsom:
- Launched a billboard campaign profaning the words of Jesus to lure girls and young women from other states to kill their children in California.
- Signed into law a slew of bills written by Planned Parenthood and other abortion lobbyists to make California an abortion tourism destination. These laws include funds to transport girls and women to California for abortions paid for by California taxpayers. New laws also prohibit parents in other states from receiving information about their minor daughter’s abortion – or abortion complications – even if the parent’s insurance policy is paying for the abortion.
- Signed SB 107, authorizing California to take custody of children from other states if the parents do not want their children to undergo gender transition procedures, including surgeries that render them permanently sterile. The bill prohibits parents from receiving medical information about their children’s gender transition in California, even with a subpoena.
- Signed AB 2223, which allows the killing of babies up to one month after birth. The law prohibits all civil and criminal penalties for any “perinatal death” due to causes that occurred in utero.* The purpose of this language is to legalize the killing of babies born alive during self-induced, “do it yourself” abortions. The Assembly Judiciary Committee’s own analysis of the bill defines “perinatal” as the period up “to one month following delivery.**
- Continued to promote California’s Proposition 1, which would create a constitutional right to abortion, birth control, and other “reproductive freedoms” (e.g., gender transitioning, surrogacy, prostitution, etc.). These rights would also apply to minors, who could assert them against their parents. Click here for more information on the many dangers of Prop
Please join us at the Life Legal Defense Foundation in praying for California’s governor and for our legislators – that they would turn from their wicked obsession with killing babies and further a culture of LIFE.
“Rescue those who are being taken away to death; hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter.” Proverbs 24:11
*The Federal FACE Act prohibits the use or threat of force or physical obstruction to injure, intimidate, or interfere with any person who is obtaining or providing “reproductive health services.” The FACE Act also applies to those who obstruct access to pro-life pregnancy centers or churches.
123467. (a) Notwithstanding any other law, a person shall not be subject to civil or criminal liability or penalty, or otherwise deprived of their rights under this article, based on their actions or omissions with respect to their pregnancy or actual, potential, or alleged pregnancy outcome, including miscarriage, stillbirth, or abortion, or perinatal death due to causes that occurred in utero.
** The Assembly Judiciary Committee’s Analysis of AB 2223 defines the perinatal period:
While the bill does not define “perinatal,” the term is generally used to describe the period from approximately past 22 (or 28) completed weeks of pregnancy up to 7 completed days of life. (L.S. Bakketeig, P.Bergsjø, “Perinatal Epidemiology.” International Encyclopedia of Public Health (2008), p.45.) Welfare & Institutions Code Section 13134.5(b) defines perinatal as “the period from the establishment of pregnancy to one month following delivery.“
Alexandra Snyder is the executive director of the Life Legal Defense Foundation.