The Catholic Business Hour radio host Dick Lyles will deliver a special January 2 live, call-in program. No guest is scheduled for the show. Instead, Mr. Lyles will discuss the role of business in a spiritually driven society, including a discussion about the Catholic church’s teachings regarding capitalism and faith.
“Some people assume that faith and profit are an either/or proposition,” says Mr. Lyles, whose successful business career spans three decades and includes CEO of Leadership Legacies, a global consulting company that serves business leaders with a comprehensive and integrated line of products and services that significantly increase the performance of their organizations and the people within them; CEO of Origin Entertainment, a new Hollywood film-making company committed to providing transformative entertainment; formerly President and COO of The Ken Blanchard Companies, responsible for operations that generated about $40 million in domestic and $25 Million in international sales in 44 countries, and doubled the size of the company.
He founded and still serves as Chairmain and CEO of R.Il Lyles & Associates, a consulting and training company offering mainstream management consulting and training services to clients around the world. He has designed and developed more than 30 mainstream management training programs, including trainer training programs for companies and organizations worldwide—from throughout the United States to Austrialia, Saudia Arabia, New Zealand and Sweden—serving such clients as Pfizer, Hughes Aircraft, Exxon, Wendy’s, Fidelity National Title, The El Paso Company and Catholic Leadership Institute, to name a few.
In 1976, Mr. Lyles and his wife founded Maric College in San Diego, ultimately establishing three thriving campuses to become the largest and most respected provider of allied health training for such careers as Registered Nurse, Licensed Vocational Nurse, Medical Assistant, Nursing Assistant and more, in southern California. Mr. Lyles is also the author or co-author of more than six business books, including:
- Achieve Leadership Genius: How you Lead Depends on Who, What, Where and When You Lead, published by Financial Times Pearson Hall, May 2007
- Good Shepherds, Good Leaders, published by Ascensiuon Press July 2007;
- Winning Habits: 4 Secrets that Will Change the Rest of Your Life. published by Prentice Hall Financial Times, February 2004
- Winning Ways: Four Secrets for Getting Great Results by Working Well with People, with an unabridged audio version produced by Harper Audio, New York, 2000. Winning Ways quickly became a best-seller that now has been translated and distributed in Brazil, Colombia, Turkey, Holland, Israel, China and the United Kingdom, in addition to the United States
- Responsible Managers Get Results
- Supervision in Health Care Organizations
- Practical Management Problem Solving and Decision Making, published by Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York, 1982, and which has gone through two North American printings and a European publication, and been selected as an Executive Book Club offering by Prentice Hall.
In addition, Dick Lyles served as faculty member for three courses in the Master of Science in Executive Leadersip program at the University of San Diego, and as visiting faculty, guest lecturer or extension faculty at The University of San Diego, Te University of Southern California (USC), UC Santa Barbara, UC San Diego, San Diego State University, The Brigham Young University Graduate School and Claremont Men’s College. A graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD, with a B.S. in Engineering and Naval Science, and a minor in Political Schience, Mr. Lyles went on to obtain an M.A. in Human Behavior/Organization Psychology, from USIU in San Diego, and a Ph.D. in Business Administration from California Western University. Throughout his career Mr. Lyles has been devoted to his Catholic Faith, and it has impacted the choices and leadership decisions he has advised and made. He and his wife, Martha, have four children and a number of grandchildren.
Don’t miss this opportunity to participate LIVE in a discussion about the Role of Business in a Spiritually Driven Society, or to ask Mr. Lyles your own concerns about business or career within a Catholic perspective. The Catholic Business Hour is a one-hour, live, call-in show that airs Saturday Mornings 11-Noon EST (8-9AM PST) on the EWTN Global Catholic Radio network, which includes 130 AM/FM stations, Sirius Radio 160, and online. To call in to the live show, call 1-877-573-7825. The Catholic Business Hour is sponsored in part by: AdvantageTech, a national IT placement firm, at www.advantageTech.NET, and by the Population Research Institute, putting people first, at www.pop.org. The Catholic Business Hour is produced weekly by the Catholic Business Journal, generating a return on principle.