Today marks the end of the 3rd week of the new U.S. presidential administration. At Catholic Business Journal, we strongly believe that action speaks far louder than words.
So, with the help of attorney David G. Bjornstrom, here’s a look at Catholic President Biden’s first three weeks as U.S. President:
Allowing federal funds to flow again to international groups that provide or refer patients for abortion services is the easy part of President Joe Biden’s promise to reverse Trump administration policies on reproductive health issues.
Biden did that with a stroke of a pen Thursday.
Undoing restrictions on U.S. clinics that provide abortion counseling or services will take more time, as would changing when employers can decline to include birth control in workers’ health care plans.
Passing legislation to codify the right to an abortion and allowing low-income women to get government-funded abortions – which Biden backed during his presidential campaign – face roadblocks in a closely divided Congress…. read more>>
Joe Biden’s first SEVEN Days as U.S. President: 42 Executive Orders
For those who did not click on the top article cited above (which we highly encourage you to read), here’s a list of Biden’s 42 Executive Orders, culled from The National Pulse:
- ‘Executive Order on Strengthening Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act.’ Promotes socialized healthcare.
- ‘Memorandum on Protecting Women’s Health at Home and Abroad.’ Forces U.S. taxpayers to fund foreign abortions.
- ‘Executive Order on Tackling the Climate Crisis at Home and Abroad.’ Destroys jobs in oil and gas.
- ‘Executive Order on Establishing President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology.’ Empowers bureaucrats.
- ‘Memorandum on Restoring Trust in Government Through Scientific Integrity and Evidence-Based Policymaking.’ Emboldens scientists who lied during coronavirus crisis in 2020.
- ‘Paris Climate Agreement.’ Hands authority over U.S. emissions to foreign bureaucrats.
- ‘Executive Order on Protecting Public Health and the Environment and Restoring Science to Tackle the Climate Crisis.’ More job destruction.
- ‘Executive Order On Advancing Racial Equity and Support for Underserved Communities Through the Federal Government.” Supports the false, Black Lives Matter premise that America was founded in 1619 by slaves.
- ‘Executive Order on Preventing and Combating Discrimination on the Basis of Gender Identity or Sexual Orientation.’ Promotes transgenderism.
- ‘Memorandum Condemning and Combating Racism, Xenophobia, and Intolerance Against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in the United States.’ Pays lip service to racial equality.
- ‘Executive Order on Reforming Our Incarceration System to Eliminate the Use of Privately Operated Criminal Detention Facilities.’ Forces prisons to be run by government, not private enterprise.
- ‘Memorandum on Redressing Our Nation’s and the Federal Government’s History of Discriminatory Housing Practices and Policies.’
- ‘Memorandum on Tribal Consultation and Strengthening Nation-to-Nation Relationships.’ Commits federal agencies to “engage in regular, robust and meaningful consultation with Tribal governments.”
- ‘Executive Order on Enabling All Qualified Americans to Serve Their Country in Uniform.’ Pushes transgenderism in the military.
- ‘Executive Order on Ensuring the Future Is Made in All of America by All of America’s Workers.’ Continues Trump-era policies on buying American for the federal government.
- ‘Executive Order on Protecting the Federal Workforce.’ Attempts to enforce a $15 minimum wage.
- ‘Executive Order on Economic Relief Related to the COVID-19 Pandemic.’ Calls for relief but provides $0.00 for it.
- ‘Pausing Federal Student Loan Payments.’ Pauses student loan payments while working people still have to pay theirs.
- ‘Extend Eviction and Foreclosure Moratoriums.’ Extends the existing nationwide moratorium on evictions and foreclosures until at least March 31.
- ‘Proclamation on the Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Non-Immigrants of Certain Additional Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting Coronavirus Disease.’ A “xenophobic” travel ban (in Biden’s own words).
- ‘Memorandum to Extend Federal Support to Governors’ Use of the National Guard to Respond to COVID-19 and to Increase Reimbursement and Other Assistance Provided to States.’ Spends government money on Biden’s use of the National Guard.
- ‘Executive Order on a Sustainable Public Health Supply Chain.’ Unclear.
- ‘Executive Order on Establishing the COVID-19 Pandemic Testing Board and Ensuring a Sustainable Public Health Workforce for COVID-19 and Other Biological Threats.’ Adds a layer of bureaucracy to coronavirus testing.
- ‘Executive Order on Improving and Expanding Access to Care and Treatments for COVID-19.’ Promotes the same “therapeutics” the media once called Trump crazy for supporting.
- ‘Executive Order on Ensuring a Data-Driven Response to COVID-19 and Future High-Consequence Public Health Threats.‘ Adds more bureaucracy to the government’s pandemic response.
- ‘Create more vaccination sites.’
- ‘Executive Order on Supporting the Reopening and Continuing Operation of Schools and Early Childhood Education Providers.’ Directs schools to be reopened, which the left resisted under Trump.
- ‘Executive Order on Protecting Worker Health and Safety.’ Adds bureaucracy for workplace standards.
- ‘Executive Order on Promoting COVID-19 Safety in Domestic and International Travel.’ Requires mask-wearing in airports, on planes, trains and other spaces. Also demands paperwork to prove foreign travelers have tested negative.
- ‘Executive Order on Ensuring an Equitable Pandemic Response and Recovery.’ Prioritizes minorities and puts white Americans to the back of the line for pandemic response.
- ‘National Security Directive on United States Global Leadership to Strengthen the International COVID-19 Response and to Advance Global Health Security and Biological Preparedness.’ Meaningless bluster.
- ‘Executive Order on Protecting the Federal Workforce and Requiring Mask-Wearing.’ Demands mask wearing everywhere for 100 days.
- ‘Letter to His Excellency António Guterres.’ Stops the United States’ withdrawal from the corrupt World Health Organization, and appoints the lying Dr. Fauci as head of the delegation to the WHO.
- ‘Executive Order on Organizing and Mobilizing the United States Government to Provide a Unified and Effective Response to Combat COVID-19 and to Provide United States Leadership on Global Health and Security.’ Creates the position of Covid-19 response coordinator, another bureaucratic post.
- ‘Executive Order on Ensuring a Lawful and Accurate Enumeration and Apportionment Pursuant to the Decennial Census.’ Attempts to hand areas with high levels of non-citizens more political representation in Congress.
- ‘Preserving and Fortifying Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals.’ Hands more money to illegal immigrants.
- ‘Proclamation on Ending Discriminatory Bans on Entry to the United States.’ Enables radical jihadists to enter America.
- ‘Executive Order on the Revision of Civil Immigration Enforcement Policies and Priorities.’ Undoes Trump’s expansion of immigration enforcement.
- ‘Proclamation on the Termination of Emergency With Respect to the Southern Border of the United States and Redirection of Funds Diverted to Border Wall Construction.’ Seeks to create open borders.
- ‘Reinstating Deferred Enforced Departure for Liberians.’ Extends deferrals of deportation and work authorizations for Liberians with a haven in the United States until June 30, 2022.
- ‘Executive Order on Ethics Commitments by Executive Branch Personnel.’ Requires executive branch appointees to sign an ethics pledge barring them from acting in personal interest and requiring them to uphold the independence of the Department of Justice, however Janet Yellen has already breached this with no comeuppance.
- ‘Modernizing Regulatory Review.’ Replaces one bureaucracy with another.